Lauren Conrad is probably one of my style faves. I know that she is not on a lot of people’s radars…Laguna Beach and The Hills were soooo long ago. But I still reminisce during retro Mtv. To some she will always ONLY be a reality star, but you have to admit…even as a reality star the girl had style; and she still has style. Neither the Lauren Conrad collection nor Paper Crown are performing badly by any stretch of the imagination…and I like to think that she designs most, if not all, of the pieces on her own.
I spent a lot of Monday nights in front of the tv when her shows were on wanting to know all of her secrets…clothes, makeup, diet, exercise. And I appreciated that she didn’t pretend that the beach body came naturally. She talked a lot of food and diet, and you got to see her meeting with a trainer on a few episodes. Staged or not the message was apparent… I work for my body.
So…of course I looked all over for her plans and tips (I didn’t have to look very hard because she has her own website…where she shares everything… go here), and I found a couple of interesting tips, including a Seven Days to Skinny Jeans Plan:
- Commit. Keep your eyes on the prize (a.k.a. those darn skinny jeans) and if possible, enlist a partner in crime. It’s always easier when you have a buddy for support!
- Drink lots of water! At least 8-10 glasses a day.
- Pick one exercise to do every day (save one day for rest).
- Pick one meal from each category for each day.
- Pick one snack for each day. (I like to have a snack between lunch and dinner, but the timing is really up to you.)
- If possible, try to sneak in your exercise before breakfast. Otherwise, just make sure you squeeze it into your schedule. This is the important part!
- Greek yogurt topped with walnuts, a handful of berries (or sliced banana) and a light drizzle of agave nectar
- Steel cut oatmeal with 2 tablespoons of dried apricots, 2 tablespoons of slivered almonds and a splash of almond milk
- Veggie omelet with a slice of whole grain toast
- Breakfast smoothie
- Half an avocado stuffed with cottage cheese and a side of sliced tomato
- Ezekiel toast topped with 2 sliced up hardboiled eggs served with half of a grapefruit
- Breakfast Quinoa (Make a big batch and eat it for breakfast for a few days. It’s delicious!)
Lunch & Dinner Options
- Whole-grain pita filled with chicken, arugula, sliced tomato a teaspoon of crumbled feta and a drizzle of olive oil; serve with a side of grapes
- Grilled Bruschetta Chicken with a small side salad (use a mixture of lemon, olive oil and balsamic vinegar for the dressing)
- Zucchini “Pasta” with a side of quinoa
- Two slices of cauliflower crust pizza with a side of steamed vegetables
- Sesame Tofu stir-fry (Another excellent meal you can make a big batch of to last a few days.)
- Beet, Orange, and Fennel salad with a side of quinoa
- Healthy Chicken Salad served over lettuce or on a slice of whole-grain toast
- 1 medium apple with 1 tablespoon of peanut butter
- 1 cup of red grapes and a low fat string cheese
- ¼ cup of almonds
- ½ cup of bran cereal (or Grape Nuts) with milk and a few berries
- Raw veggies with 3 generous tablespoons of hummus
- 1 hardboiled egg with a few whole-grain crackers
- Celery with a tablespoon of almond butter and a few raisins
- 30 minutes of cardio (running, kickboxing, elliptical, swimming, step aerobics etc.)
- 1 hour of yoga or Pilates
- Intervals: run for 60 seconds, walk for 90 seconds (repeat 8 times)
- Circuit: 100 jumping jacks, 20 crunches, 20 squats, 10 push ups, 25 bench dips (you can do this using a chair), 60 second wall sit, 60 second plank (repeat two times)
- 1 hour hike with steady incline
- Quickie: 20 lunges, 50 jumping jacks (or swap out jumping jacks for jumping rope for 2 minutes)
- Semi-Quickie: 15 minute jog, 20 squats, 20 sit-ups
Be sure to follow this plan for seven days straight. It will be tough, you will be tempted and you will probably slip-up a few times. Once you’re done, try to maintain this healthy lifestyle (but reduce your exercise regime to 3-4 times per week). I’ll be starting the plan tomorrow so we can all do this together.
A bit lengthy, but you get the gist. I think it is cool that her site caters to a bunch of different topics and it’s not just her shoving her products down your throat.